Gladiolas are always associated with Summer. There's a reason for that: Gladiolas give a wonderful firework show in the border or in a pot on your patio or balcony – or in a vase because Gladiolas make wonderful cut flowers! You'll see all kinds of colours! It's normal to see lots of different flower shapes too, wavy and even fringed. Nowadays there are short stemmed varieties available too (mini Gladiolas) allowing them to be planted in the middle of the border. You can use them in a mix of colours as well as all in one colour or colour combination per flower. They look their best when planted in groups. Check below for your new gladiolas.
- 100x Large-flowered gladiolus - Mix
- 40x Large-flowered gladiolus - Mix
- 25x Large-flowered gladiolus 'Zizanie' red-white
- 25x Large-flowered gladiolus - Mix
- Dwarf gladioli Gladiolus - Mix 'Nanus'
- 60x Gladiolus - Mix
- 25x Gladiolus Acidanthera murielae white
- 25x Gladiolus - Mix 'Parkiet'
- 15x Gladiolus Gladiolus - Mix 'Hot Spanish Sun' orange-red-yellow
- 25x Gladiolus Gladiolus - Mix 'Glamini'
- 25x Gladiolus Gladiolus 'Oracle' purple-yellow-white
- 50x Gladiolus Gladiolus - Mix 'Garden'
- 7x Gladiolus 'Norma Jean' white - Bio
- 16x Gladiolus 'Wedding Night' White-Purple
- 20x Gladiolus Gladiolus - Mix 'Sweet Pastel Beauty' purple-pink
- Gladiolus Gladiolus - Mix 'Ruffled Wedding' Yellow-Purple
- 16x Gladiolus 'Blush Rose' Pink-White
- 7x Gladiolus Gladiolus 'Pink Parrot' pink - Bio
- 16x Gladiolus 'Purple Love Birds' Purple
- 25x Gladiolus Gladiolus 'Circus Club' purple-yellow
Get inspired with @bakkercom
Large flowered gladiolaLarge flowering gladioli are the most well-known gladioli in the Bakker.com collection. A large flowered gladiola is very conspicuous with lovely big blooms. They come in many shades and varieties and lots of pretty mixes. Gladioli are not just pure gems in our gardens, they make terrific cut flowers for the vase and a bouquet too. Best time to cut them is while they are still in bud, just as the bottommost flower is opening. Leave two or three leaves on the stems too.
Miniature gladioliThe short stature of Glamini® gladiolas makes them very versatile. Of course you can have them in a flower border but potted up for on the patio or decking makes them a really welcome addition and adds cheer and colour.
Mini-glads won’t grow as tall as the large flowered gladiola so the chance of being blown over is greatly reduced. Miniature gladioli Glamini® also make a lovely cut flower.
Fringed GladiolasFringed Petal Gladiolas are so-called because of the distinctive, wavy edged petals. If you love gladiola, you’re going to really love these. Fringed petal gladiolas flower for a long time, look rather exotic and also make a great cut flower. The mix on offer at Bakker.com contains varieties in pretty pastel shades. A lovely addition to any summer garden.
For more tips on planting the bulbs and caring for gladiola, see our gardening advice pages online.