Makes a great gift!
Chinese money plant Pilea peperomioides incl. terracotta pot
This product is not in stock at the moment
You may be interested in our alternatives in the category Green House Plants.
Fast delivery, within 5 working days
Free afterpayment with Klarna
Sustainably packed with recycled packaging material
Fresh from the nursery
Largest product range of organic plants
- Decorative pot
- Potting soil (optional)
- Hydrograins (optional)
The Pilea is provided in a nursery pot. Once it arrives, place the Pilea and its nursery pot into a flower pot. Give it water right away and set the plant in a warm, bright location (no full sun).
How do I plant the Pilea in a pot without the nursery pot?
If you would like the Pilea to grow even more, you can place it directly into a decorative pot.
- Choose a pot that is at least 20% larger than the nursery pot.
- Cover the bottom of the pot with a layer of hydrograins and fill it with potting soil.
- Carefully remove the plant from the nursery pot.
- Plant the Pilea in the centre of the decorative pot and make sure that the root ball of the plant is about 1 to 2 cm below the edge.
- Fill the pot with fresh potting soil and press it lightly.
- Give it water right away and set the plant in a warm, bright location (no full sun).
- Watering can
- Plant sprayer
The Pilea is an incredibly low-maintenance, indoor plant. Water it once a week and give it plant food once every two weeks. The Pilea doesn’t like to be soaking wet, so it’s better to skip a round of watering than to water it again when the soil is still moist. It also thrives in high humidity.
Pilea is actually a member of the stinging nettle (Urticaceae) family and is a well-known plant for its unusually decorative foliage.
The small leaved varieties will also thrive in a terrarium and look very beautiful.
Makes a great gift!
Your plant in house, quick and easy
Growing happiness with the most beautiful indoor and outdoor plants