- 1 Tamarisk (Tamarix ramosissima): blossoms with pink flowers in summer
- 1 Border forsythia (Forsythia x intermedia) ’Spectabilis’: blossoms in spring with yellow flowers
- 1 Mock orange (Philadelphus ’Virginal’): blossoms in spring with creamy white, fragrant flowers
- 1 Redflower currant (Ribes sanguineum ’King Edward VII’): blossoms in spring with soft red flowers
- 1 Doorenbos coralberry (Symph. x doorenbosii ’Magic Berry’): blossoms in spring with white flowers in spring, revealing white berries in the autumn
- 1 Guelder rose (Viburnum opulus ’Roseum’): blossoms in spring with white flowers in spring
If you buy deciduous shrubs in autumn they might not be looking quite as beautiful as usual. The big benefit of planting shrubs in autumn is that by spring they will be well rooted in the garden and ready to burst into growth.
|Latin name:||Tamarix + Forsythia + Philadelphus + Ribes + Symphonicarpus + Viburnum|
|Delivery type:||Supplied as bare-rooted shrub|
|Guarantee:||6 months growth and flowering guarantee|
|Preferred location:||Sun, Half shadow|
|Leafs all year:||No|
|Flowering:||February - July|
|Growing Height:||150 - 200 cm|
|Planting distance:||75 - 80 cm|
The best time for planting the 4 Season Hedge Collection is from October to April. Prepare a hole 60-80 cm deep and improve the soil with compost and manure. Soak the plants in water for one hour before planting. Divide the shrubs in the hole, about 6 plants per 4.5 meters. The hedge will be about one metre wide. The top of the root balls should be at ground level in the garden. Fill with soil, and give it lots of water so that it almost turns into a swamp.
Water the 4 Season Hedge Collection immediately after planting. After that, it is only necessary to provide water during dry periods. In winter, cover the ground under the hedge with garden compost and manure.
4 Season Hedge Collection can be pruned
The 4 Season Hedge Collection can be pruned twice a year. In June, prune after flowering. Every spring cut off the bare branches of the Tamarix Ramosissima's that bloomed in the previous year and have now turned into side shoots. Completely prune some of the branches of the Viburnum Opulus 'Roseum' every spring. The 4 Season Hedge Collection has a free shape and should not be cut tight.
Our 4 Season Hedge Collection consists of Tamarisk, Golden Bell, Mock Orange, Winter Currant, Snowberry, and Snowball.